1. RESTRUCTURING OF BAM
A. COACHING SET-UP AT NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM
- Datuk Misbun Sidek has accepted BAM’s offer to continue as Head Coach of Men’s Singles. Datuk Misbun will be responsible for polishing the next batch of our young players in the men’s singles; Tan Jia Wei, Lim Chi Wing, Leong Jun Hao, Aidil Sholeh, Ng Tze Yong and Mohd Ziyad. He will also look into unearthing more talents to be brought into our set-up.
- Meanwhile, Hendrawan will be specifically responsible for Lee Zii Jia, Soong Joo Ven, Cheam June Wei and Lim Chong King.
- In the mixed doubles, Chin Ee Hui is now the Head Coach, assisted by Teo Kok Siang. Coach Pang Cheh Chang will head the boys’ doubles of the Form 1 & Form 2 squad.
B. GENERAL SECRETARY
- As part of the effort to fully professionalise the BAM set-up, our General Assembly amended the Constitution on 20th October 2018 to change the Honorary Secretary position into a General Secretary position. Today, the Council has agreed to take one step further by agreeing for the position of the General Secretary to be a full time employed position. In this regard, the Council has agreed to appoint Dato’ Kenny Goh Chee Keong as BAM’s first full time General Secretary as of 1 September 2019.
C. COACHING & TRAINING COMMITTEE
- Dato’ Kenny Goh will also head the Coaching & Training Committee, assisted by Dato’ Teoh Teng Chor as Deputy Chariman.
D. DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Datuk Ng Chin Chai will move up to be an appointed Council Member and he will also continue to share his vast experience with BAM as Chairman of the Development Committee. He will be assisted by Mr. A’amar Hashim as Deputy Chairman.
E. TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE
- Mr. Mat Rasid Jahlil remains as Chairman, with Mr. Janih Bangud as Deputy Chairman
F. TECHNICAL OFFICIALS’ COMMIITTEE
- The TOC will be chaired by Mr. Kah Kau Kiak and he will be assisted by Mr. Chua Soo Hock as Deputy Chairman.
2. RECOMMENDATION TO OCM HALL OF FAME
The Council agreed to nominate the following persons to the OCM Hall of Fame:
- Datuk Punch Gunalan
- Datuk Roland Wong
- Tan Sri Dr. Mohamed Al Amin Abdul Majid
- Dato’ Wira Lim Teong Kiat
- YAM Tengku Besar Pahang Tengku Kamil Ismail Tengku Idris Shah
- Dato’ Syed Bakar bin Abdullah
- Dato’ Haji Wan Mohamed Haji Wan Awang
3. NATIONAL RANKING SYSTEM
For the first time, we will now have a national ranking system which follows a similar format and principle as the BWF ranking system. The Council approved the national ranking system for those participating in U-18 tournaments and above. This will be implemented starting 1 August 2019.
4. BAM CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICS
The Council approved the BAM Code of Conduct and Ethics which aims to promote and strengthen the reputation of badminton in Malaysia by establishing a standard of performance, behaviour and professionalism for its participants and stakeholders.