1. What is the formula applied for the calculation of the national rankings?
10 best BWF tournaments + 5 best local tournaments (in the latest 52-week period).
2. Why do we need the national ranking system?
Besides providing recognition to players who lacked opportunities to play in international tournaments, the national ranking system helps to assist with the process of seeding and drawing of players in national tournaments.
3. Who are the players listed in the national ranking system?
All Malaysian players: this includes BAM players, professional players and under-18 players nationwide.
4. Why tournament sanctions?
- Ability to appoint qualified umpires, referees and line judges
- Attract the best players to participate in your tournament
- Rules and Regulations of tournament are consistent with BWF Laws of Badminton
5. Which tournaments need sanctioning?
All badminton tournaments organised in Malaysia must be sanctioned by BAM and/or the State Badminton Association.
For the purposes of sanctioning, badminton tournaments are categorised as follows:
|1||State||Junior||Tournament is only opened to players under 18 years old and those from one (1) state only.|
|Adult||No age limit to participate in the tournament. Participation is limited to players from one (1) state only.|
|2||National||Junior||Tournament is only opened to players under 18 years old. Participation is opened to all Malaysians. No foreigners.|
|Adult||No age limit to participate in the tournament. Participation is opened to all Malaysians. No foreigners.|
|3||International||Junior||Tournament is only opened to players under 18 years old. Participation is opened to Malaysians and foreigners.|
|Adult||No age limit to participate in the tournament. Participation is opened to all Malaysians and foreigners.|
6. What are the tournament sanction application fees imposed?
For State level tournament, kindly contact the respective State Badminton Association for payment method and details.
For reference, BAM Tournament Sanctions, Rules & Processes can be found here.
7. What happens if your tournament is not sanctioned?
As BAM and State BA players and BAM and State BA technical officials may be sanctioned by BAM for participating in non-sanctioned tournament, it is highly likely that an unsanctioned tournament may not be able to attract top level participants and technical officials.